The most common type of central air conditioning unit is the split system. Featuring a condenser outside the home, a fan-and-coil system inside all connected by pipes carrying refrigerant. However, not every home can accommodate the ductwork needed to install central air. Split ductless systems are an option for those homes because they offer the feel of central air.
Central air conditioning units use ducts to distribute cooled air throughout the house. In a "split system," the most common design, refrigerant circulates between an indoor coil and a matching outdoor condenser with compressor. The refrigerant cools the air, dehumidifying it in the process; a blower circulates air through ducts throughout the house. A variation is the "heat pump," a type of system that functions as heater and cooler.
Split ductless systems have an outside condenser and one to four indoor blower units, or more, mounted high on the wall. Tubing connects these parts and circulates refrigerant. The tubing, along with an electric and drain line, is run through about a 3-inch hole hidden behind each indoor unit. Each indoor unit cools the room in which it's installed and has its own remote control. Split ductless systems need no ductwork, making them easier to add to homes without existing ducts. They can be more expensive than window air conditioners, and professional installation is recommended. While not technically central air, the cooling they provide can feel like a central air system.
Installing a new HVAC unit in Knoxville with Dean Plumbing, heating, and cooling:
- Services that have garnered an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau
- A lifetime guarantee on any workmanship we provide
- A 100-percent satisfaction guarantee
- Work from a fully bonded, insured, and certified company
If you want a reliable team of specialists who are committed to solving your service needs, you've arrived at the right place. We are able to respond quickly to emergency HVAC repair requests and work hard to get your air conditioner back to keeping you cool. Our team of technicians is able to help you with a wide range of issues and ensure that you have a properly working HVAC unit.
- HVAC Unit Installation - We’ll walk you though the process of choosing the best new HVAC unit for your home. The right size, efficiency level, and properly installed to ensure your home is comfortable for years to come, we can even help you finance it. Our family of HVAC experts are here to help you with a major investment in your home, it is important that you are happy with your service as well as your new HVAC system. We provide you with a detailed explanation of the operation and placement of the system before we start and are always available to answer any questions you may have.
- HVAC Replacements - We offer comprehensive replacement services to meet your needs. After we review your current system, we will give you our honest opinion of what your options include. We will work with you to determine the best system replacement for your home.
- HVAC Maintenance and HVAC repairs - If something goes wrong with your air conditioner, we can help. Our team can also make sure your AC unit is working effectively and help you avoid costly and time consuming repairs in the future.
We offer a wide array of services for your Knoxville HVAC system. Our wealth of experience with HVAC installations, replacements, and maintenance & repair will ensure that your work is done right or your money back.
As a family owned and operated company, we pride ourselves on making sure that you are happy with the air conditioning services we provide here in Knoxville. Our family of certified HVAC repair technicians will make sure your unit is properly installed, maintained, and receives experienced repairs. We are even able to provide you with duct replacement so you can receive greater efficiency from your HVAC system here in Knoxville.